Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Decorating an Easter Tree

 
A long time ago, I got an Easter Tree and a couple of small ornaments.  The idea was cute enough, but it seemed so sparse.  I stopped putting it up for Easter because it left me so uninspired.  Here's how it looked:
See what I mean?  If Charlie Brown had an Easter tree, this would be it.  Every year, I vow to fix it up and every year, I run out of time.  This year is different.  Since the Designer Blog Connection's theme this month is Spring, I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone-get my tree project done AND have a nice project to show you today.  So are you ready? Here it is, the updated version of my Easter Tree!  What a difference a little creativity and time makes!
I ripped-off the ugly wood block that served as a stand for the tree before and put the tree in a bright pot I picked up for less than $3.  Then I cut some leaves out of scraps of green felt and started gluing.  I cut felted balls in half and used them for flower buds.  I added back my ornaments and tied gingham and pink ribbons onto the branches.  Now my little tree is bright and cheerful and definitely a symbol of Spring. 

To see what my fellow designer pals did for their Spring theme, just click forward on the button below and you will be taken to the next blog in the ring.  Happy Hopping!