Monday, April 25, 2011

A room with a view

Sometimes you don't think about how much a good view can change your mood.  I live in a house, in South Orange County.  My yard is the size of a postage stamp.  Although we've tried to make it a very nice outdoor space, just past the fences lie my neighbors homes, towering over our yard, only allowing for a patch of sky to peek through. 

Yesterday, we went to my parent's house to celebrate Easter.  It was an unusually overcast day for Southern California and there were dark clouds hanging in the sky for most of the day.  At some point during our visit, I snuck outside, away from the chaos of my large family and sat on the porch swing.  There was a cool breeze and I watched the large, grey clouds blow across the sky.  I had my parent's dog as my companion for awhile and we sat and quietly looked.  Something I can't really do in my tight, little suburban yard. 

It makes a girl wish for wide, open spaces.  Hoping your Easter was fine and that you were able to get a change of view too.