Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Little Girl's Bedroom Makeover

It's finally done!  We've been working on switching my daughter's room and my studio and (redoing both rooms) since Memorial weekend.  I've been living in total chaos.  But it was all worth it!  My daughter's room is done! 

Here's a little reminder of what it looked like before (when it was my embarrassingly messy studio):


What a difference, huh?  I have to thank my husband for making all my great design ideas become a reality.  I'm on a mission to make our boring, cookie cutter, tract home look more unique, so he spent many hours putting up ornate chair rail and beautiful crown molding.  I'm very happy with how it looks and my daughter is over the moon.  We set a strict budget of $500 and we stayed pretty close to that.  Of course, by selling some old furniture, I was able to pad the budget a bit.  I'd like to get an all-white cottage style bed for her, but we ran out of budget, so the old bed will have to do for now.


Now we're set to begin working on my studio.  I'm so excited and already day dreaming about storage solutions that will hide my messes.  I'll be sure to share the results with you!