Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Embroidery Sampler

I know I haven't been very good about keeping-up with my blogging lately.  I've been really busy working on projects while trying to keep my six year old entertained over the summer.  I'm sure most of you can relate!  To top off everything, my knee has been bothering me for about a week now.  I don't think I injured it, it's probably more of a reminder of my age & weight than anything else.  I need to give it some rest and that's much easier said than done.  Yesterday, I tried very hard to keep off of it, and that was all the excuse I needed to pull out an embroidery sampler I started working on about six months ago.  I forgot how much I love to work on samplers made up of little squares.  I sift through my tin of odds and ends and beads, I sketch little pictures, and then I practice different stitches.  And somehow the whole little mess ends up being a fun, cohesive project when it's all over.  I'm thinking of using the finished panel on a pillow or something. 

What are you working on these days?