Monday, August 1, 2011

Sea Glass Quilt

I created this picnic quilt to donate to Taller San Jose, for the silent auction for their Light Up A Life event.  I love the colors in it and can just imagine someone going to a concert in the park for picnic with it.  I even made some matching napkins & both the napkins and quilt are reversible! 
The quilt pattern was from the book, Material Obsession: Modern Quilts with Traditional Roots,  it's called "Avalon".  The name makes me want to take a trip to Catalina with the quilt in tow!  But alas, it will go to a lucky winner.  The good news is, it will also benefit the wonderful work Taller San Jose does, so I guess I can't complain about letting it go too much.  If you want to attend a GREAT event, and get a chance to bid on my quilt, click here to get tickets to Light Up A Life.
Are you quilting these days?  What are you creating?
Today is Designer Connection Blog Hop Day.  Click on the button below to see what my designer friends have been up to lately.