Friday, August 26, 2011

Spumoni Quilt

I'm slowly but surely trying to make a quilt for everyone in my family.  I was planning on making my daughter a quilt out the clothes she's outgrown, but when she saw me working on this quilt, she begged for it.  And I can't refuse her.  Of course, she'll probably end up getting many from me over the years.

Sew Darn Cute: 30 Sweet & Simple Projects to Sew & EmbellishThe pattern for this quilt is called Spumoni and it's from one of my favorite sewing books, Sew Darn Cute: 30 Sweet & Simple Projects to Sew & Embellish by Jenny Ryan

It's colors are inspired by one of my favorite flavors of ice cream, Spumoni.  Yum!  Pistachio, Cherry and Chocolate!  I get a craving every time I like at the quilt.  I was thinking a cute spin on the theme would be a Neapolitan quilt.

I love getting inspired by sweet treats for sewing and craft projects.  Don't you?