Friday, September 16, 2011

Blog County Fair 2011

Remember my post a few weeks ago about the Blog County Fair I'm hosting with Vicki O'Dell?  It's time!  I would love it if you would join the fun.  It's super easy and you have all weekend to join in the fun.  For details and to see what other bloggers "brought" to the fair, click here.
I decided to make some cute mug rugs for the fair.  I love mug rugs!  They are so easy to make because they can really be any size.  I usually have them measure at 7" x 6", just enough room for a cup of tea and cookie.  I also love that I can try my hand at mini-quilts and then have something cute and useful for my home.  I especially love the mug rugs I'm showing you today because I designed the main fabrics myself.  For the first mug rug, I used Tee Juice Fabric Art Markers and doodled all over some cotton fabric.  It's my new favorite thing to do!  I just cut a whole bunch of small rectangles of fabric and draw away.
My second mug rug's fabric was created by scanning and printing one of my journal pages onto ink jet fabric.  Super easy and so easy to personalize!  Wouldn't it be cute to make a personalized mug rug with a sweet message for someone who needs a little cheer?
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  For lots of good, old-fashioned fun, be sure to hop around Blog County Fair entries (and add some of your own!).  We'll be at the Fair all weekend!