Friday, September 2, 2011

Goodbye Summer?

It's already September.  My daughter starts school in a few days.  I'm overcome with sadness.  Where did the summer go?  I feel as if it slipped by silently, without proper attention given to it.  I look at the lists my daughter and I composed at the beginning of summer.  All the things we wanted to do during the freedom of summer.  Far too few items have been checked-off and I am consumed with guilt.  Did I drop the ball?  Did she have a good summer?  Were we overbooked?  Did I make enough time for fun? 

Usually, summer goes by quickly, by this year seemed especially quick.  I'm not ready to go back to schedules and homework and soccer practices and meetings. 

We did manage to sneak-in a few days at a lake cabin in Big Bear Lake earlier this week.  It was fun, but I somehow feel that I should have started the summer with the trip.  I feel like I finally relaxed into "summer mode" just in time for school start.  Did you have a good summer?  Did it slip by for you or do you feel like you experienced to it's fullest?  Tell me your secret for doing so.