Friday, October 14, 2011

Mingle Magazine

I love magazines.  And by that, I mean that I love to the point of it being an obsession.  I have stacks of them everywhere, and I can't resist the newsstand.  There's nothing more comforting to me than sitting in my favorite chair, under a quilt, drinking tea and reading a magazine.

So, of course, when Stampington asked me to review their newest publication, Mingle, I jumped at the chance.  It not only feeds my magazine addiction, but also my addiction to throwing a party.  Yep.  It's a whole magazine about entertaining and events with the creative person in mind.

Before I received my issue, I thought it would be filled with tutorials for creating party favors and decorations, but that's not really what it's about.  It's more about inspiration than a how-to magazine.  Dreamy photos and hear felt articles inspired me to create a gathering all my own.  Did I get ideas for party favors and decorations?  You bet!  Ideas abound but this unique magazine, knowing it's readers are crafters and artists, simply plants seeds of inspiration and allows you to the freedom to do with it what you will.

I felt that the magazine had a very emotional element to it.  It's not about throwing an event or putting together a retreat.  It's about what happens when you gather people you love into one room.  About making new friends and cherishing the old.  It's about the passion you feel when you are preparing and planning-the joy of knowing you are doing something special for those you hold dear.  It's about making connections.

The look is very fresh and clean, with a touch of indie to it.  With editor Christen Olivarez at the helm, you can always expect to see a new perspective.  This magazine was her baby and you can feel how personal the project was to her with every turn of the page.

And I have great news!  Stampington sent me an issue to giveaway to one lucky blog reader!  I'm even opening it up to my international readers.  To enter the giveaway, leave a comment, telling me about the most amazing party you ever hosted or went to.  I'll pick a winner on 10/21/11.  To order your own copy, find out how you can submit ideas, or just to learn more about the magazine, visit the Mingle website.

Giveaway Closed 10/21/11
The winner is Helga from Artchix Studio!