Monday, October 10, 2011

Sizzix Scoreboads Blog Hop: Ice Cream Soda Centerpiece

Eileen Hull is at it again!  She's just released a new line of dies for Sizzix, called Fresh Vintage.  She asked me to join her in another blog hop and I couldn't resist.  Her dies are always unique and can be used in a million ways.

For this hop, I was given the 3-D Vase die.  As soon as I opened the package and saw the die, I knew exactly what I was going to make.  A faux ice cream soda!  I can just see a few of these as centerpieces or party favors for an ice cream parlor themed party, can't you?  I know it's a hit because my daughter has been eyeing it and asking for it since I made it.  I think she wants it for her play kitchen. 

It's really simple to make!

Ingredients:
Sizzix Big Shot Machine
3-D Vase Die
Mat board
Glue (Aleene's (R) Original Tacky Glue)
Kitschy Kitchen Paper Pad by Melissa Frances
Tissue Paper Garland
2.5" Styrofoam Ball (Floracraft)
Red & White striped pipe cleaner
Red floral berry

Directions:
  1. Cut vase die on mat board and on decorative paper.
  2. Glue paper onto mat board and assemble the vase according to manufacturer's instructions.
  3. Insert Styrofoam ball into vase.  You can glue it in, or just set it in.  If you don't glue it, you can slip a small bag of candy into the base of the vase for a sweet, party favor surprise.  Just make sure you wrap the candy so that no Styrofoam gets into it!
  4. Glue tissue paper garland around top edge of vase
  5. Insert floral berry pick into the top of the Styrofoam ball for a cherry on top look!
  6. Cut a 3" piece of pipe cleaner and insert into side of ball.
It really doesn't get any easier than that, does it?  Want a chance to WIN the vase die?  Head over to Oh My Crafts to find how.
Now go see what a few of my fellow designers have done with the vase die by clicking on the badge below.  Happy Hopping!