Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Felt Bird Ornaments

Felt Bird Ornament
Every year, I make ornaments for my niece, nephew and daughter.  I give them the ornaments on Thanksgiving.  It's a little treat they can always find on their place setting and, by giving it early, they can enjoy it right away.  You can read the story of how I decided to create this tradition by reading my article in When Creativity Knocks' Newsletter.

Bird Ornaments
This is my third year making ornaments, and I was afraid it wasn't going to happen.  I've had a terrible sinus infection this past week and could barely get anything done.  But I was feeling a bit better one day, so I dragged myself out of bed, found my felt, downloaded Skip To My Lou's felt bird pattern, and went to back to bed and got sewing.  I'm so happy I did.  The little birds cheered me up! 

And, in case you are interested, here are links to my previous year's ornaments:

2009-Half Eaten Gingerbread Man Ornament  This may be my all-time favorite so far!
2010 Syko's House Ornaments I used the tutorial from her book, Scandinavian Stitches.