Thursday, November 3, 2011

Little Girl Holiday Embroidery Pattern

When I was a little girl, my godmother gave me an ornament of a little girl, holding a tree.  Ever since I got it, it's been my favorite ornament.  Every year I put her on the tree.  I have a little felt house ornament and I always put her by that ornament because, at some point during my childhood, I created a story in my mind about how the little girl was off in the woods, looking for her Christmas tree and would be returning home with it soon.
I'm so inspired by it, that I created an embroidery pattern depicting the girl.  I stitched her up last year and she sat in my drawer for almost a year.  I didn't know what to do with the pattern.  This summer, a good friend, suggested I made an ornament from the embroidered piece.  So stitched some fabric onto the back of the pattern, cut it out, and stuffed it.  I was about to add a ribbon to hang it from my tree, when my daughter saw the little doll laying on my quilt blocks.  After much discussion, it was decided she was far too cute to be an ornament and must come to live in my daughter's room as her newest doll.  I have to admit, that I think my daughter's call was right on the money.

If you want the pattern, you can purchase it in my Etsy shop for the bargain price of only $2.00!  I didn't include a stitch guide, it's just the pattern, but I do give instructions for transferring it.  I hope it inspires you to make an ornament or doll.  Wouldn't she be so cute peeking out of a stocking on Christmas morning?