Friday, December 9, 2011

Watercolor Journal

Journal Page by Laura Bray
I'm having trouble finding time in my life for my creative pursuits.  Every morning I promise myself that I will spend a good chunk of time in my studio.  Then I sit down in front of my computer, start answering emails and doing little office tasks and the next thing I know, it's time to pick my daughter up from school and I haven't set foot in my studio.  It's very frustrating to me.  And I feel like I'm doing it on purpose on some level. 
Journal Page by Laura Bray
So I'm sitting here wondering why I'm blocked.  What was driving me to work in my sketchbook everyday a few weeks ago, and now I'm finding busy work to do instead?   Or am I being too hard on myself?  Always looking for a "reason" for my actions.  Maybe I really am busy with other things.  Do you play mind games with yourself too?
Journal Page by Laura Bray