Monday, February 6, 2012

Glittery Valentine Wreath

Valentine's Day Wreath
In January, I was cruising the aisles of my local Michael's store and saw some red berry wreaths marked down 70% from Christmas.  They actually reminded me more of Valentine's Day than Christmas, so I snapped one up to create some Valentine's Day door decor.
The wreath was a bit shop worn.  After all, the poor thing had just survived the Christmas shopping season, so I used some of Plaid's FolkArt paint in Lipstick Red to touch up the berries that were beat up.  Then I added some sparkle with FolkArt Extreme Glitter in Red.  I didn't paint all the berries, just hit some here and there to give them a sugared look.

I had a wood heart that I painted in FolkArt Winter White and then coated with Hologram Extreme Glitter.  A polka dot ribbon (you know how much I love polka dot ribbon) finished the look.  Now my front door looks festive and it barely cost me a thing!  Now that's love.