Monday, February 13, 2012

Holiday Headbands

Valentine's Day Headband
When I was a little girl, I always decorated for the holidays.  I was crafty even then and would sit for hours cutting out and making decorations for my bedroom.  One year, I had a large, tall box and I made my brothers and sisters color pieces of paper green and then we glued them to the box and pretended it was a Christmas tree.  Why I didn't just use green paper is beyond me, but we had fun. 

Now, my little girl is into the holidays too.  We decorate the whole house together (I guess I never outgrew that!) and she loves to deck herself out in festive accessories whenever she can.  And she always has festive accessories because she has a mama who loves to make them.  Aren't we the perfect combination?

Heart Headband by Laura Bray
I recently designed a cute felt, heart headband for my monthly Mommy & Me article in When Creativity Knocks' Journal, be sure to check it out!

And, if you want to get a jump start on St. Pat's Day, why not visit my tutorial for making a Shamrock Headband from last year? 
Shamrock Headband by Laura Bray