Friday, March 30, 2012

Fly Away Home

Laura Bray & Sheryl Borden
I'm home from New Mexico, where I was taping FIVE craft segments for the PBS show, Creative Living with Sheryl Borden.  The photo above is Sheryl (the host) and I getting a segment ready.  I had a great time because Sheryl always makes a person feel at ease.  I do have to say that filming that many segments was exhausting.  I know it doesn't sound hard to stand there and film something, but it really is.  I think the stress chemicals your body releases when you are doing something challenging does something to your body.  The episodes will be airing on your local PBS station over the next 2 years.  I'll try to give you a heads up on the schedule.

I have to say that the airlines have officially made flying the most uncomfortable experience ever.  Besides the fact that they squeeze you into the plane like sardines (sardines with carry-on luggage no less), the customer service gets worse every time I fly.  There's the usual complaints of paying to check luggage, not telling you why they aren't loading your flight on time, and starving you, but being treated rudely is really unforgivable.  It doesn't cost anything to be nice to your customers.  Since I got out of filming a little early, I tried to move onto an earlier flight.  Although there was room on the plane, they refused to let me stand-by unless I paid them $75 because I'm not a frequent flyer.  Really?  They would rather fly with empty seats than make a paying customer happy?  I may not fly a lot, but I did pay for the trip I was on and expect to be treated like a customer, not a free loader.  To add insult to injury, the gate agent wasn't even nice when they were explaining their policy. If I ever become a frequent flyer, I won't be choosing their airline anytime soon.



So that's my rant.  I'm sure you can all relate.  In happier news, Buttons Galore and More is having a Pin It to Win It contest next week.  There are some great prize packages including a load of goodies worth over $75 and a chance to be a guest designer.  To get all the info, click here.  Hurry!  It starts on April 2!