Monday, April 9, 2012

Pirate Headband

Pirate Headband by Laura Bray
Today I'm taking part in a blog hop hosted by Buttons Galore and More.  They have a line of buttons to match Laura Kelly's fabric line.  (Great idea, no?)  So they sent us some fabric and told us to make something. 
When the fabric came, my heart sank.  It was darling fabric, but it was pirate fabric.  What would I do with pirate fabric?  If you read my blog regularly, you know that I primarily do projects with a very feminine style.  So this was going to be challenge.

As I searched around the Internet for inspiration, I found a darling tutorial for making a little boy's bow tie.  Great idea!  I was going to do that.  But then, as I began gathering my supplies, somehow the project morphed into a pirate headband for a little girl.  I'm telling you I can't stay away from girlie projects.  (Apologies to my readers who have little boys!)

I think the headband turned out pretty cute, and my daughter loves it.  It's great for summer.  That being said, I think a pirate themed bow tie for a little boy might also be a great project.  You could even use the matching buttons from the Laura Kelly line and put them on the dress shirt. 
To see what other members of the design team came up with for projects, visit the Buttons Galore and More blog today.  If you leave a comment, saying which project in the hop was your favorite, you will be entered to win a prize!  Yay for you!  (See how I'm not even asking you to vote for me?  Ahem.)