One of her new creative interests has been to put on puppet shows, so I decided to encourage her by making her a puppet theater. There are a million tutorials for making an inexpensive puppet theater, but here's my take on the project.
- Elmer's Tri-Fold Foam Display Board
- Painter's tape
- Plaid FolkArt Paints
- Buttons Galore and More Buttons
- Wood Frame
- Martha Stewart's Chalkboard Paint
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Velcro(R) Brand Fasteners
- Cut a window into the center of your tri-fold display board.
- Using painter's tape create vertical stripes on display board.
- 4. Create felt flowers. You can create these freehand or using a die cut machine.
6. Glue a lightweight frame underneath the theater window. Paint inside of the frame with chalkboard paint. This will allow your child to write in the name of their show.
7. Measure window opening and sew fabric curtains.
Now all you have to do is get out the puppets and start the show. The theater can also be used as a drive-thru window for your child's make believe restaurant.