Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Create Miniature Desserts

A few years ago, I went through a stage where I was making miniatures like crazy.  But I cooled and moved onto other things.  Then, this weekend, as I was working on a project for Buttons Galore and More and for Jacquard, the mood struck again.  Instead of working on the project I was getting paid to work on, I spent most of my morning making these sweet mini-treats. 

My daughter informed me yesterday that I really needed to get these up on my blog so that she could steal the treats away for her dollhouse.  So here you are!

Cupcakes!

Supplies:
Directions:
  1. Squirt a generous dollop of 3D paint onto the top of the button plug.
  2. Add flower embellishments with 3D paint of use micro-beads for sprinkles.

Cake

Supplies:

  • White buttons from Buttons Galore & More
  • Jacquard Lumiere 3D Dimensional Metallic Paint and Adhesive (Pink, Sun Yellow, Lime)

  • Directions:
    1. Place a large button down on work surface. 
    2. Squirt a dollop of Pink 3D paint onto the center of the button.
    3. Press another button into the paint.  Make sure the 3D paints oozes out between the buttons a bit.
    4. Continue adding buttons until you have as many cake layers as you want. It's fun to vary the size of the buttons too.
    5. Add flower embellishments with 3D paint.

    Blueberry Pie

    Supplies:

  • Bottle cap
  • Jacquard Lumiere 3D Dimensional Metallic Paint and Adhesive (Warm Gold, Periwinkle)

  • Directions:
    1. Squirt a line of Warm Gold 3D paint around the inside edge of the bottle cap.  This is your pie crust.
    2. Squirt beads of Periwinkle paint inside the bottle cap.  This is your blueberry filling.
    Enjoy!