Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Quilt

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I know I did.  At six years old, my daughter fully understands the meaning of the day and it is very gratifying to receive her love and affection on Mother's Day.  In school, she made a card that listed the reasons why she loved me.  One of them was because I helped her feel braver.  High praise indeed.  If you are the mother of very small children, hang in there.  One day you'll get there too.  It's worth the wait.

As for my mom, I showed my love and apprecation by making her a lap quilt.  Of course, I didn't decide on making a quilt until four days before Mother's Day.  But it was a small quilt and an uncomplicated pattern, so I pulled it off.  I just broke it down into tasks for each day:  Buying and Cutting Fabric, Sewing the top, Quilting, and Binding.  See?  Four days.  Easy.  (Of course I say that now because it's done.  There were moments of chaos around here.  Trust me.)

How did you celebrate Mother's Day?