Friday, June 8, 2012

How to Sew a Kindle Cozy

Another video from my filming marathon for the PBS show, Creative Living with Sheryl Borden.

Today's video shows you how to make some cute reader covers. I love my Kindle, and I have a nice leather cover with a light in it, but the cover weighs quite a bit.  I like to carry my reader with me in my purse or when I travel, so I need something that is lightweight, but still protects the screen of my reader, so I came up with this easy tutorial.  If you have always wanted to learn how to make a professional looking lining for a bag or purse (so your seams don't show on the inside) check-out this video.

My gracious sponsor for this episode was Velcro USA, Inc. I like to use VELCRO(R) brand fasteners because I'm afraid of zippers and buttons!  I still don't know how to do either!  (Yikes!  I better put that on my to do list for this summer!)

BTW-Do you like the fabric I created for one of the cozies?  The cream fabric with the brown floral design was hand-created by me using Tulip Fabric Markers.  It was one of those times when I was sitting around my studio and just grabbed a piece of fabric and started drawing.

Hope you have a great weekend!