Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Inspired by Trees

I recently received the Inspired by Trees stamp set from My Favorite Things.  I love how this stamp looks like a beautiful line drawing!  I'm still trying to come up with gift ideas for my daughter's teachers and now it's almost Father's Day, and this stamp set really sparked some ideas for me. One of the quotes included with the stamp set says:  "Great Oaks from Little Acorns Grow", which I think is the perfect sentiment for a teacher or a dad. Here are a couple of project ideas for the stamps:

Wrapping paper (pictured above).  A brown paper bag, the stamp, markers and ribbon and you have an elegant package.

Mini-Journals.  I colored the stamps with watercolors this time.  I made the journals, but you could also just buy some plain notebooks, stamp them up and you are good to go!  You might even want to add a little button and string closure like I did!  Make a set, stack them and tie them up, and they are ready to be gifted.  So simple!