I remember when I got married (it will be sixteen years ago as of June 22nd) and went on my honeymoon to Hawaii. As we were traveling, for the first time as man and wife, I wondered if people could tell we were on our honeymoon (aside from the shiny rings and the public displays of affection). These luggage tags can make the announcement for the newlyweds. They will also make it easy to see their luggage on the carousel and ensure that their bags make it to the right location!
- Quilter's Vinyl
- Card stock
- Velcro (R) Brand Fasteners (Optional)
- Sharpie(R) Fine Point Permanent Markers
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut two 5" x 3" rectangles of felt
- Cut a 4.5" x 2.5"window into one piece of felt
- Cut a 5" x 3" piece of vinyl
- Sew the vinyl piece onto the piece of felt with the window.
- Place the solid rectangle and the window piece together. Sew around three sides, leaving one short side open.
- Cut a 3" x 1" rectangle of felt. Stitch onto back of luggage tag. Sew a button hole and a button for the tag closure.
- Alternately, sew Velcro (R) Brand Fasteners to the flaps. Attach a button as a decorative element..
- Cut a 4.5" x 2.5" rectangle from card stock. Using Sharpie markers, doodle a design onto one side of the card stock. Write the word Bride (or Groom). On the back of the card stock, write the bride and groom's name and address information.
- Slip the card stock into the luggage tag and attach to luggage.