Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lemonade Stand Apron

Today, the Buttons Galore & More Design Team and the My Favorite Things Design Team are joining forces for a blog hop!  Yay!

It's summer and my daughter keeps asking if she can have lemonade stand.  So, when I saw the My Favorite Things' stamp called Inspired by Summer, I knew I had to use it for a project for our lemonade stand plans. 
I stamped one of the images onto a piece of linen fabric.  Then I colored the lemonade in the pitcher pink (of course!) using fabric markers.  This piece then became the pocket of my apron.  Sticking with the colors of lemonade (yellow & pink), I stitched up an apron using yellow and white gingham and linen.  Of course, yellow and pink buttons from Buttons Galore and More gave the apron an extra special touch.
I used this tutorial as my inspiration for sewing the apron, but you could buy a yellow and white apron and just sew a pocket and some buttons on it.  Now we are all set to start selling lemonade.  I mean, could you resist buying lemonade from a cute little girl in a cute little apron?
To see how all the other creative designers used Buttons Galore and More buttons and My Favorite Things stamps, visit the Buttons Galore and More blog.  Psst....You really, really want to go there because there's information about a chance to win some great button and stamp prizes.  Be sure to leave a comment on my blog today too.  As I do believe comments left on the designer's blogs also get you a chance to win!  Have fun hopping!