The great things about Book Baskets is that they don't have to cost any money. You can use books from the public library or even the books on your child's shelf and we all know you can find some toys to match in your child's room! They may even rediscover something that haven't played with in awhile or find a new use for an old toy.
Here are some themed basket ideas:
- Non-fiction books about butterflys
- Fancy Nancy: Bonjour, Butterfly
- Stuffed butterfly toys
- Die-cut paper butterflys
- Elefun Game
- Butterfly net
- Non-fiction books about the ocean
- Fiction books about the ocean
- Stuffed animal toys
- Blow-up pool toys. You would be amazed by how these can be used indoors! The carpet easily becomes the ocean.
- Put it all in a laundry basket that can be used as a boat.
- Non-fiction and fictional books about birds
- Stuffed birds
- Bird call whistles
- Bird nests (you can buy these at the craft store)
If you have a minute, leave a comment and tell me what themed Book Baskets you would put together.