Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Garden Journal Update

Tea in the Garden
 “And the secret garden bloomed and bloomed and every morning revealed new miracles.”
                                                                                                     -Frances Hodgson Burnett

This year's little kitchen garden is probably our best ever.  We seem to have magically crossed over into being successful gardeners and I'm enjoying cooking with the herbs and the few vegetables we planted.  I don't know why we have been so successful.  Because we have gone completely organic?  Because of the compost tea?  Because of the herb water we spritz on the leaves?  Because my daughter whispers sweet nothings to the plants when she's playing in the yard? Or simply because we are actually remembering to water it?
Kitchen Garden March 2012
Kitchen Garden June 2012
Whatever the reason for this year's bounty, I can't help but enjoy wandering into my backyard every morning and finding something new everyday.  I love feeling like I'm taking homemade to a whole level. I'm also proud that we can produce this much in such a small space and in containers.  (To be honest, I'm wondering if we even have the time, energy, or desire to grow any more than this anyway!)
Kitchen Garden August 2012


The First Tomato

I hope your garden is growing too.  Do you have any gardening tips?