Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back to School

Journal Page by Laura Bray
It's back to school time.  I have such mixed feeling about it, don't you?  On one hand, I'm looking forward to having more time to work on my business, scheduled days, and more time to myself.  On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to getting up and moving at the crack of dawn, packing lunches, missing my daughter's company, or homework.

I'm feeling the time start to press down on me.  So many little things to get organized before school starts.  Hair to be cut, clothes to be bought, backpacks to be found, lunch supplies to be organized.  All these things need to be done, yet what I really want to do is savor and enjoy these last carefree days. There are final days at the pool to be had, summer movies to watch, and some summer bucket list items that haven't been addressed yet.  Every year, at the beginning of summer, I promise all these things will be done and yet every year, I sit down and August and feel exactly like this.  So today, I'm going to be gentle with myself.  I'll let all this conflicting feelings come and go and honor each one as it appears because, if I have learned nothing else, I have learned that time flies and each moment must be enjoyed.