In honor of Halloween, we made some button and pipe clean spiders. I'm thinking that you could make them in hundreds of different colors. Maybe string some fishing wire through the button holes and hang them in your trees. Stick one on top of your pumpkin.
Here's how to make one:
- 1 Pipe Cleaner
- 2 Buttons. Mine are from Buttons Galore and More of course!
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Westcott Brand Scissors
- Google Eyes
- Cut six legs from the pipe cleaners. Mine measured 1" in length.
- Fold one end of the pipe cleaner legs over a 1/4".
- Lay on button down and squeeze glue over the entire surface.
- Carefully lay one of the folded ends of the pipe cleaner legs into the glue. Continue with all the legs.
- Squeeze more glue over the legs and press a second button down, sandwiching the legs between the buttons.
- Allow to dry. Turn the spider over and fold and arrange legs to allow it to stand on its own.
- Glue on google eyes.