- Two rectangles of heavy fabric cut to 8" x 12"
- Tulip Fabric Markers
- VELCRO(R) Brand Sew-On Fasteners
- Basic Sewing Supplies
|Isn't this a cute little tag? I hope it makes my daughter smile at snack time!|
- Fold the top (short) edge of the fabric over a 1/4" press, and sew in place.
- Cut VELCRO(R) Brand Sew-On fasteners to 7" and pin each side of the strip to the top edge of the pieces of fabric. Sew in place.
- Using a fabric marker, write your child's name on the piece of the fabric that will serve as the front the bag. (Hope springs eternal. Maybe when she loses it this time, it will be returned.)
- Place right sides of the bag together. Make sure the top sides (with the VELCRO(R) Brand fasteners are together. Pin in place. Sew around the two sides and bottom of the bag. Leave the top open.
- Create gussets. (If you don't know how to do that, I'm currently working on finding a link to a video I did about that, so I'll get that up soon!)
- Turn right side out, fill with snacks and hope that the bag comes home. Know in your heart that it won't, but relax when you think about how easy it was to make this one!