Illustration Friday


I'm trying to stretch myself artistically. My big goals right now are to get freelance illustration jobs and get a licensing contract for my artwork. I'd love to walk into Hallmark & see my cupcakes on a greeting card! So I've scheduled one day a week to work on my dream. I'm sending out postcards, upgrading my website, making contacts. BUT...I need to be ready when those job offers start coming in. In order to get used to working under a deadline, with a specific topic to create from, I've decided to work along with the Illustration Friday prompts. This past Friday, the topic was discovery. I'm not really thrilled with how my piece came out, but I am proud of myself for doing it & I know I'll get better every week.

Comments

Amanda Edwards said…
just wanted to say thanks for dropping by my blog, and yours is so sweet! Cute dolls with lights in their heads rock!
Brinathefreak said…
Rock on! Keep moving forward towards your dreams. Art may not be the most profitable of professions, but, by Jove, it can certainly be one of the most satisfying.
BellaColle said…
Oh, you are so organized! I bet I WILL walk into Halmark and see your cards there too! Your work is so fresh! love it!
Tanya Nichols said…
lovely piece, and of course special since it came from your heart.
Jane said…
I am looking forward to Friday's art show over here! Sounds like a great plan!
I think I'm gonna have to check out that Friday thingie, sounds cool. Love your piece. Babydolls with flaming heads.....cool.
Good job on thinking out of the box! Even though it's scary at first, you might discover a new talent!

Popular Posts