Vegas Doodles



I'm back! It was hot, hot, hot in Vegas, but we had a great time. We even came out ahead gambling! Had dinner at the "Eiffel Tower" Restaurant and had fun remembering when we were at the real Eiffel Tower 12 years ago. We were newly engaged-we got engaged 2 days before we were in Paris. My husband chose to propose in his tiny, studio apartment in Hamburg instead of in Paris, but I guess I can forgive him. Now we joke that we'll always have Hamburg. Unfortunately, Vegas doesn't have a Hamburg themed hotel yet. As you can see I was able to sneak some art into the trip. My husband and I do this each trip now. We can only use whatever we find in the room. We cut up magazines etc. like crazy. It's the only time my husband is ever crafty. You can see some of my handy work above. I took some great pictures at The Wynn and will be turning them into watercolor inspirations, so hold tight-this isn't the only Vegas inspired art you are going to see from me. By the way, the top image is my attempt at doodling. I keep reading articles in all my arty magazines about how popular this getting, so I thought I would give it a try. It was fun!

Comments

BellaColle said…
Those are sooo cute! glad you had fun! can't wait to see what you come up with next ;P
What a neat crafty bonding idea!! I love it--& the pictures! I'm so glad you are back!!! I missed my katydiddys!
Anonymous said…
Cool doodles, Laura!

www.dblogala.typepad.com
Anonymous said…
What cool doodles! I love the Paris one with the polka dots, it looks so French.

Popular Posts