Friends are Always in Fashion


This is a collage I made for my good friend Anita. It was her birthday on June 26th. We have been friends for 21 years! The faces of the women in the collage are our high school graduation pictures. We went to an all-girls, Catholic High School in Glendora, California called St. Lucy's. If you've ever seen a statue of St. Lucy, she's the one who has her eyeballs on a plate. Don't ask, you don't want to know!

Anita has been my loyal friend since my 16th birthday. My boyfriend at the time planned a surprise birthday party for me before a school dance. The surprise was that while he & my best friend were planning the party, they decided to get together. Great birthday, huh? Anyway, Anita was at the dance after they dropped the bombshell on me & we became fast friends. We've seen each go through a lot of fun times and a lot of bad times & if I ever need to call on someone I know I can count on her. So, here's to our friendship & another 20+ years together!

Comments

Pilar said…
What a great birthday gift! Small world, I went to St. Lucy's Elementary School in Campbell, Ca. As soon as you entered the school, a very large statue of St. Lucy, complete with the eyeballs in the palm of her hand, would greet you. In the mid-90s, I was up in the bay area and stoped by to see if the school had changed at all. Everything looked the same except they removed the statue of St. Lucy. Apparently, she was giving the kiddies nightmares so they retired her after 50 years of service. xoxoxoox
BellaColle said…
wow... I would probably get nightmares too if I had to see a lady everyday with her eyes on a plate....Your card is so pretty! very thoughtful and you guys look swanky...lol
Jean Knee said…
I'm having such dejavous right now. When I was away at college my best friend and I use to glue our faces on cute girl pics from magazines and glue cute male model pics next to them.
Then we'd tell stories of what we and our hot beaus had been up to.

Ours never looked that good though.
Anonymous said…
Love the collage, what a lucky friend.
Jane said…
Awesome collage!
Cute card! How special a friend you have!
Anonymous said…
Great saying and collage!

Popular Posts